This Elsevier app-book, Clinical Biochemistry: Metabolic and Clinical Aspects, 3rd Edition, improves your performance with relevant, valid material which is accessed quickly and with minimal effort in the palm of your hand using its patented technology.
• A powerful search
• Bookmarks, History and Highlighting
• Complete set of medical calculators; Body Mass Index, Peak Expiratory Flows, Dehydration Correction Calculator and more
• Notes and picture notes
About this title
Now fully revised and updated, Clinical Biochemistry, third edition is essential reading for specialty trainees, particularly those preparing for postgraduate examinations. It is also an invaluable current reference for all established practitioners, including both medical and scientist clinical biochemists.
Building on the success of previous editions, this leading textbook primarily focuses on clinical aspects of the subject, giving detailed coverage of all conditions where clinical biochemistry is used in diagnosis and management – including nutritional disorders, diabetes, inherited metabolic disease, metabolic bone disease, renal calculi and dyslipidaemias. The acquisition and interpretation of clinical biochemical data are also discussed in detail.
New to this Edition
• Expanded sections on haematology and immunology for clinical biochemists provide a thorough understanding of both laboratory and clinical aspects
• New chapters are included on important evolving areas such as the metabolic response to stress, forensic aspects of clinical biochemistry and data quality management
• An extended editorial team – including three expert new additions – ensures accuracy of information and relevance to current curricula and clinical practice
Authors: William J. Marshall & Márta Lapsley & Andrew Day & Ruth Ayling
A SUBSCRIPTION FREE application without edition upgrade. Offering most trusted and well recognized medical guidelines provided by excellent publishers like Elsevier, Oxford University Press, McGraw-Hill, Pharmaceutical Press, Wiley and more.