My Personal Dictionary WordTheme Pro You want to learn a foreign language or study a specific topic, and you are looking for an application to help you organize and study your vocabulary lists?
This application allows you to:
– add/modify words or sentences with their translation
– listen to the pronunciation of those words
– add those words/sentences to vocabulary lists
– arrange your vocabulary lists in themes/categories
– create a hierarchy of themes/categories (a theme can have sub-themes)
– sort the words inside a theme/category
– move a group of words to another theme/category
– create several dictionaries
– Search a word in your dictionary
– know the level of memorization of the words added in the dictionary
– associate an image with a word
– associate various texts to the added words (definition, conjugation, declensions, examples, etc.)
You can also use this application as a lexicon or glossary, on the theme you want (mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, cooking, psychology, philosophy, justice, etc.). This application is also very useful if you want to create a constructed language (or conlang).
To facilitate the sharing between devices or between individuals, WordTheme allows the dictionaries to be saved, imported, and synchronized via Google Drive. So now you can share a common dictionary with friends, colleagues, or students.
To help you learn and memorize the words of your dictionary, “My personal dictionary” contains several games:
– Find the translation: you’ll have to find the right translation amongst a list of possible answers
– Find the word: same thing, but the other way around
– Find translation (with sound)
– Mixed Letters: you must place the letters of the word in the correct order
– Spelling test: as its name suggests, you must write the word you hear while respecting the spelling
– Crossword: a crossword game is generated with the words of your dictionary.
All the games can be used in languages written from right to left (Arabic, Persian, Hebrew, …)
Additionally, this application allows you to :
– save your dictionary
– export your dictionary to share it with a friend, or to make a distant backup of it
– import a new dictionary or a list of words into a dictionary (with the interface inside the application or directly by sending the file to the application)
– export or save your list of words in an Excel file
A dark mode is available to limit visual fatigue while using the application.
Note: at the first launch of the application, a dictionary will be created by default with the name “My dictionary”. It is of course possible to change this name later on.
** Difference compared to the free version ** :
-> No ads
-> Faster and less memory use (because there are no ads)
-> On the pro version, the application also allows you to:
– associate color with words
– filter the words by color
– use a color filter to select words for the games
– Search on all dictionaries simultaneously