Override DNS is a DNS changer for mobile and Wi-Fi networks which works from Android version 4.3 (Jelly Bean).
With Override DNS (a DNS changer) you can
- Bypass internet censorship when based upon DNS blocking.
- Overcome an Android limitation: there’s no system setting to change mobile DNS.
- Speed up internet connection. You can find many articles on the web which show various benchmarks of Domain Name Servers performances and how they affect your navigation (your mileage may vary).
- Keep in sync mobile and Wi-Fi DNS in fact from v1.2.0 the app can handle Wi-Fi connections, too.
Override DNS (a DNS changer) Features
- Automatic DNS change when a mobile connection gets activated (can be disabled).
- Automatic DNS change when a Wi-Fi connection gets activated (can be disabled).
- Automatic DNS change when an ethernet connection gets activated (can be disabled).
- Wi-Fi filter based on SSID, so you can automatically apply DNS only to certain connections (can be disabled).
- Custom DNS values.
- Almost zero memory and CPU usage, because it’s not a service.
- Notifications let you know that the app is working (can be disabled).
- Automatic DNS flush without need to restart the device.
- DashClock integration, to keep an eye on the DNS in use.
- It comes prepacked with the most common DNS services.
- Simple and clean interface.
- Ad free.