Puffer protects you from the harmful trackers and malware layered throughout the Android ecosystem with just one click.
Puffer functions by installing itself acting as a local VPN service for your device, but it does not route your traffic to a third party. Instead, the other end of the VPN connection is on your device. From there, Puffer monitors outbound connections against known lists of bad guys and prevent connections to services trying to track you.
– Unlike a standard VPN service, your data does not leave your device, so you don’t need to place your trust in a compromisable third-party server!
– Puffer is more effective than PiHole, NextDNS and other DNS based solutions because Puffer will still work if the application uses a non-standard DNS resolver.
– We keep track of how many trackers we block, so you can see just how invasive your favourite websites are.
– You can use the provided “Live View” UI to see the connections that your device is making to the world, including the hostname and IP address, in real-time.
– None of the data Puffer handles will ever be stored or sent to Puffer servers, this is an entirely client-side solution.
– Puffer does not decrypt encrypted traffic, such as HTTPS, it only looks at traffic meta-data and patterns to spot bad requests.