ABBYY TextGrabber easily and quickly digitizes fragments of printed text and turns the recognized result into action: call, email, follow links, find on maps, translate into 100+ languages, edit, voice over, and share in any convenient way.
When you point your mobile camera at printed text, TextGrabber instantly captures and recognizes it offline, no Internet connection is needed. A unique real-time recognition mode extracts information in 60+ languages not only from documents but from any surface.
- Real-Time Translation directly on the camera screen without taking photos into 100+ languages online (full-text translation) and 10 languages offline (word-by-word translation).
- Innovative Real-Time Recognition mode based on ABBYY RTR SDK technology will digitize printed text directly on the camera screen without taking photographs.
- Text recognition in 60+ languages, including Russian, English, German, Spanish, Greek, Turkish, Chinese, and Korean, without an Internet connection (offline on device).
- All links, phone numbers, email addresses, postal addresses after extraction become clickable: you can click on the link, phone, write an email or find the address on the maps.
- Full-text translation into 100+ languages (Internet connection is required).
- Auto copy of the recognized or translated text to the clipboard, so that text-to-speech (TTS) applications could read aloud everything that is on the TextGrabber screen.
- Share the results to any app installed on the device via system sharing.
- All captured texts can be stored, edited, deleted, or merged in the notes list.
The free version is ad-supported and provides 3 text recognition and translation.
With ABBYY TextGrabber you can save and translate any printed text you need with a tap of your screen:
- Texts from TV screen or smartphone
- Labels and counters
- Travel documents
- Magazine articles and book fragments
- Manuals and instructions
- Recipe ingredients, etc.
TIPS & TRICKS
- Select the appropriate language (up to three at a time) before recognition
Recognition results are available as unformatted text (TXT). If you want to scan books or large multi-page documents with preserving formatting (for example, DOC, XLS), please try ABBYY FineScanner.
- The translation is performed by a third-party service, so we do not have full control over the result.