Concise Oxford Thesaurus
This Concise Oxford Thesaurus is ideal for helping you pinpoint exactly the right word, whether you are writing a letter, preparing a report, composing an essay, writing creatively, or solving a crossword.
Over 300,000 alternative words cover everyday vocabulary as well as more unusual and specialist words completed with clear labeling of informal, dialect, literary, and technical items. Other useful features include thousands of example phrases to help you select the correct word, and clearly marked opposites and related terms.
Increase Your Word Power:
• A comprehensive thesaurus with over 300,000 synonyms and antonyms, ideal for use in word games and puzzles, to improve your writing or to find the word on the tip of your tongue
• Usage notes, offering help with tricky and controversial questions
• 500+ related word notes – look up ‘horse’ and find the adjective ‘equine’, look up ‘light’ and find ‘optics’ etc.
• Thousands of example sentences help you select the right sense
• Ideal for word games
• NEW! Translate words in any other Android app with the Tap to Translate feature, and do it in style with any of the four colorful new themes.
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems, Inc.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words thanks to a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience the dictionary combines several search tools to match or suggest what you are looking for, including:
• Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
• Looking for a specific word but don’t know how it’s spelled? We’ve got you covered with our automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ (‘*’ or ‘?’) to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
• Use our Voice search when you don’t know how an entry is spelled
• NEW! Tap to Translate entries in other apps.
• Share word definitions via installed apps on your device
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary.
• Designed to give you the freedom to structure your studies the way you see fit the ‘Favorites’ option allows you to create custom folders with lists of words from the vast library of entries.
• ‘Recent’ list to easily review looked-up words
• Learn a new word every day with our ‘Word of the day’ option
• Home screen widget provides random words at a glance
Get even more with PREMIUM:
• Permanently unlock the complete features list.
• Offline mode – No WiFi, no problem. Save words on your device to be viewed without the need of an internet connection
• Priority support – Get expedited support for any app-related issues
• No ads – no more in-app advertisements
● Premium features Unlocked
● Home view cleaned
● Added a setting to start directly with the dictionary
[appbox googleplay com.mobisystems.msdict.embedded.wireless.oxford.concisethesaurus]