The perfect companion for your next outdoor adventure. Seek, find, record and return home with Handy GPS. This app is a powerful navigation tool designed for outdoor sports like hiking, bushwalking, tramping, mountain biking, kayaking, boating, horse trail riding, geocaching. Its also useful for surveying, mining, archaeology, and forestry applications. It’s simple to use and works even in the remotest back country since it doesn’t require network connectivity. It allows you to work in UTM or lat/long coordinates so you can even use it with your paper maps.
* Shows your current coordinates, altitude, speed, the direction of travel, and distance traveled in metric, imperial/US, or nautical units.
* Can store your current location as a waypoint, and record a tracklog to show where you’ve been on a map.
* Data can be imported from and exported to KML and GPX files.
* Allows manual entry of waypoints in UTM, MGRS, and lat/long cords.
* Can guide you to a waypoint using the “Goto” screen, and optionally sound an alert when you’re getting close.
* Has a compass page that works on devices with magnetic field sensors.
* Automatically computes the local geoid offset to improve altitude accuracy
* Supports the world-wide WGS84 datum along with the common Australian datums and map grids (AGD66, AGD84, AMG, GDA94, and MGA). You can also use WGS84 for NAD83 maps in the US.
* Shows GPS satellite locations and signal strengths graphically.
* Can display simple or MGRS grid references.
* Can compute waypoint-to-waypoint distance and direction.
* Includes an optional timer line to record walk duration and compute your average speed.
* If you have a Wear smartwatch, a stand-alone watch version of the app will also be installed.
* Thoroughly tested by the developer on many off-track walks
EXTRA FEATURES IN THIS VERSION:
* No ads
* an Unlimited number of waypoints and track log points.
* Email or SMS your location to a friend as a clickable map link.
* Email your waypoints and tracklogs as KML or GPX files.
* Supports common datums such as NAD83 (US), OSGB36 (UK), NZTM2000 (NZ), SAD69 (South America), and ED50 (Europe), and you can configure your own custom datums, including local grid systems.
* UK grid refs with two letter prefixes can be shown if OSGB datum is selected.
* Elevation profile.
* GPS averaging mode.
* Take photos and record voice memos, geo-located with KML files for easy viewing on a PC.
* Geotag photos, and/or have the coordinates and bearing “burnt” into the image.
* Sunrise and set times.
* Export data to CSV file.
* Create a waypoint by triangulation, or projecting using an entered distance and bearing.
* Compute length, area, and elevation change for tracklog.
* Offline map support by downloading tiles from map tile servers, or using own map images.
* Compute calories.
* Optional background image.
* Optional location sharing on the web.
* Spoken distance and direction guidance on the goto page.