GLTools is a custom OpenGLES driver (proxy), that is compatible with any known OpenGLES 2.0-compatible GPU + ARM or x86 processor. If you still don’t understand, what this app is, the closest known analog is Chainfire3D.
- Change resolution and rendering bitness in any app, even if it doesn’t support that by default.
- Change GPU name and enjoy enhanced graphics even on a noname low-end GPU.
- Take full control over textures: now you can decompress/recompress them (even if your GPU doesn’t support that texture format) and resize. Note that decompression feature is available only if you’ll install a plugin (internet is required to do that)
- Optimize shaders on-the-fly for optimal performance (the same optimizer is used in Unity3D engine by default)
- Enable MSAA or CSAA in any app to improve graphics quality (make sure that your GPU supports that)
- Measure gained performance with a nice onscreen FPS counter (or you can output FPS information to Logcat if you are a pro)
GLTools is 100% safe if you have a custom recovery installed (and you didn’t disable backup in GLTools install dialog), if you’ll find it non-working, you can just flash uninstall_gltools.zip in recovery and email me with details (or request a refund).
- Need ROOT + Modded GP or GLTools Patcher
- If your device is not installed Modded GP or Freedom,use GLTools Patcher
How to Patch?
- Make sure you have installed GLTools
- Download & Install GLTools Patcher
- Open GLTools Patcher
- Click Patch & You are Done 🙂
- You can remove change after patching, to remove simply install the app again, app will be unpatched & after updating you have to patch again
- Good luck…
Android GLTools: Increase Gaming Performance
Requirements: 2.3 + ROOT + Modded GP or GLTools Patcher (Recommended)