Stellarium Mobile Plus is the next generation astronomy star map app. It combines a realistic and accurate night sky simulation with a gigantic amount of online imaging and sky objects catalogs. Made by the original creator of Stellarium, the award-winning open source planetarium, this Plus version was designed from the ground up to show a potentially unlimited amount of data through an intuitive and minimalist user interface.
- All known stars: Gaia DR2 catalog of over 1.69 billion stars
- All known planets and their natural satellites, including very high multi-resolution imaging for the major ones
- Most known deep sky objects: a combined catalog of over 2 million nebulae and galaxies
- All known comets
- Many minor solar system objects (10k asteroids)
- Many visible artificial earth satellites (including the International Space Station)
- A full-sky very high multi-resolution background image
for experimented astronomers it also includes:
- Telescope control module: drive any telescope through an application compatible with the Stellarium Telescope Server protocol.
Please note that the app works perfectly without internet connection, but with a reduced set of data (2 million stars, 2 million Deep Sky Objects, 10k asteroids).
Beside these features, it also includes most features already present in the standard Stellarium Mobile app:
- show the sky at any time and place
- sensor control to identify a star in just a few seconds, just by pointing the phone at the sky!
- asterisms and illustrations of the constellations for dozen of sky cultures
- realistic landscape and atmosphere with sunrise & sunset
- accurate simulation of atmosphere refraction
- night mode (red)